Create Paths from the device level
Create NetPath paths to review performance details of a specific device's connections to internal and external locations. You can create a path while viewing the information for a device. This is useful if you are looking at a device that has issues, as you can create the path without leaving the device information.
- Click Views > All Devices and click the name of the device you want to create the path for.
- Click Monitoring > NetPath.
- Click Add.
- Select the device at the beginning of the path and click Next.
- Enter the destination address, either IP address or URL in the Hostname or IP address field. For example, www.google.com.
- Enter a port number and the time between path checks. The minimum interval is 10 minutes.
- Click Next.
- Review the information and click Finish.
SolarWinds N-central returns you to the NetPath page and the new path appears in the list. Click the link in the Endpoint column to see the path information.
Viewing a path over a VPN connection may show a small number of hops which is not representative of the true internet path.