Add Windows event log monitoring service to a device
The Windows event log is a record of all events - information, warnings and errors - produced by a Windows computer. The SolarWinds N-central Windows Event Log Monitoring service enables you to monitor this log and filter important notifications. Add monitoring to a device to retrieve only the information you need.
- Click Views > All Devices, and click the name of the device to set up Windows Event Log Monitoring.
- Click the Monitoring tab, and click Add.
- Ensure Local Agent is selected as the Monitoring Appliance drop-down list box.
- In the Services list, set the number of instances of the Windows Event Log service to 1, and click Apply.
- Click Windows Event Log in the Service list.
- Click the Service Details tab and configure the monitoring options.
- Click Save.
Always enter a unique Service Identifier so that you know what the service is from the status tab of the device. This important if you start setting up Windows Event Log services for service templates and have multiple instances of the service.
The service is now added to the device. Notifications of the events configured will appear.
In the Event Conditions, use AND or OR logic for SolarWinds N-central to create precise notifications from events. For more information, see Reducing notification noise in Windows event logs.