Import custom monitoring services from the SolarWinds MSP Resource Center
Additional custom monitoring services are available online. These are services that are developed by SolarWinds MSP as well as the SolarWinds N-central community. You can find custom services created by other SolarWinds N-central users for a wide range of devices, products and needs. These services are free to download and added to devices and service templates.
- Click the link to go to the SolarWinds MSP Resource Center Custom Monitoring page.
- Right-click on the file name link of the service you are interested in and save it to a location on your hard disk.
- If the file is a .zip file, unzip it and extract the .xml file.
- In SolarWinds N-central, click Administration > Service Management > Custom Services, and click Import.
- Browse to the location of the file you downloaded, and click Import Custom Service.
Zip files often contain additional technical documentation specific to the service. Some also contain PowerScript files scripts, the use of which will be described in the additional documentation.
The custom service appears in the services list. For information on adding the service to a device or template, see Applying custom monitoring services.