Apply a service template to a newly discovered device
Begin receiving monitoring data from a new device immediately after discovery. There can be a short delay between when SolarWinds N-central discovers a device and when the services from an service template are added to the device. When an agent is first installed on a device, the services designated by any service templates that apply will not be added to the device immediately. The SolarWinds N-central server applies services after it first receives complete services-related asset data from the agent. You may want the data sooner.
- Click Views > All Devices and click the name of the discovered device.
- Click o Settings > Monitoring Options, and verify that SNMP is enabled.
- Click Monitoring > Service Templates.
- Select the template and click Re-Apply Service Templates.
- Click the Status tab to verify the service were added to the device.
- Click Save.
Other templates for other servers may be applied. Do not delete any of these templates. They are applied automatically from the Servers – Windows Rule. They do not apply anything as they rely on Asset Info. The only one that needs to be manually applied is the HP Servers Template.
SolarWinds N-central will begin receiving data from the new device.