Monitor Hyper-V Replication
Use an automation policy and an automation based custom monitoring service to monitor Hyper-V replication.
An automation manager script that you can download is available on the SolarWinds MSP Resource Center. Create a custom service that enables you to monitor the replication state of a Hyper-V virtual server.This service monitors one replication at a time.
Download and import the automation policy script
- Download the Hyper-V Replication script from the SolarWinds MSP Resource Center at https://community.solarwindsmsp.com/Community/Custom-Monitoring.
- In SolarWinds N-central, at the SO level, click Configuration > Scheduled Tasks > Script/Software Repository.
- Click Add > Automation Policy.
- Click Browse and locate the downloaded script,
- Click Administration > Service Management > Custom Services.
- Click Add > Service > Automation Manager Policy.
- Enter a name and description, and select the script.
- Click the Schedule and Threshold tabs and configure the settings accordingly.
- Configure the thresholds to alert correctly.
- Click Save.
Apply the new monitoring service
Apply the service to the desired devices.
- Click Views > All Devices, and click the name of the desired device.
- Click Monitoring, and click Add.
- Then locate the new custom service, add the number of instances to it.
- Click Apply.
- In the Status area, the new service appears.
- Click on the service and click the Service Details tab.
- Enter the virtual machine that you would like to monitor. Complete the Service Identifier to identify in the overview which VM you are monitoring.