Restore a backup for a device if SolarWinds Backup is removed
Recover backup data for a removed device. If someone has inadvertently removed SolarWinds Backup from the device, or the device was removed from SolarWinds N-central, you can reconnect to SolarWinds Backup and continue regular backups. When reconnected, SolarWinds Backup will continue the regular backup interval from where it left off. It is not necessary to perform a full backup first.
Before reconnecting to SolarWinds Backup, you need to get a passphrase. This is a unique key so that the backup software can connect with the current backup in the cloud. This is the link/key to the last known backup so it can continue on as if there was no interruption.
- Click Views > All Devices and click the name of the device.
- Click Settings > Backup Management and click Retrieve Passphrase.
- Record the passphrase, username and password and click OK.
- Select Enable SolarWinds Backup.
- Select when to install MSP Backup on the device and select a Configuration Profile.
- To configure the device to back up specific files, click Set Settings Manually.
- Click Save.
- When prompted, enter the passphrase and click OK.
The phassphrase is valid for 24 hours.
SolarWinds Backup will install on the device and reconnect with the cloud backup. An initial backup check will take place to ensure any new or updated files are saved to the cloud.