Install SolarWinds Backup using a rule
The SolarWinds Backup install rule provides any easy way to install SolarWinds Backup on many devices. Using a rule, SolarWinds N-central automates the installation of SolarWinds Backup with no user intervention, ensuring all devices automatically have a backup solution installed.
For more information, see What is SolarWinds Backup.
You need to create a filter that selects devices based on the criteria you have for deploying Backup Manager.
- Click Configuration > Monitoring > Rules and click Add.
- Enter a Name and Description.
- Click the Devices to Target tab and select the filters to add to the Selected Filters box.
- Click the Network Device Configuration Options tab.
- In the SolarWinds Backup section, select Enable SolarWinds Backup from the Action drop-down list box.
- Select when to start the installation and select a backup profile from the drop-down list box.
- To configure the device to back up specific files, click Set Settings Manually.
- If creating this rule at the Service Organization level, click the Grant Customers & Sites Access tab.
- Click and select how to propagate the rule to other customers and sites and select the customer/sites from the list.
- Click Save.
SolarWinds N-central installs SolarWinds Backup on the devices associated with this rule.
When new devices are added to the site, SolarWinds N-central runs the deployment rule to install SolarWinds Backup.