Install SolarWinds Backup manually on a device
Install SolarWinds Backup to devices to provide cloud backup and restore capabilities for your customers. Install SolarWinds Backup manually on devices when managing a small number of devices.
For more information, see What is SolarWinds Backup.
To install SolarWinds Backup on many devices, see Install SolarWinds Backup manually on multiple devices.
If you have a large customer or a larger quantity of devices, use backup rules to install Backup Manager across a site.
- Click Views > All Devices.
- Click the name of the device that you want to edit.
- Click Settings > Backup Management.
- Click Enable SolarWinds Backup.
- Select when to install MSP Backup on the device and select a Configuration Profile.
- To configure the device to back up specific files, click Set Settings Manually.
- Click Save.
Once installed, SolarWinds Backup begins regular backup jobs based on the profile you selected during the deployment.