Back up specific files and folders
You can configure a device to only back up important or key folders and/or files using SolarWinds Backup. This enables you to customize a backup of important data quickly, rather than the entire system.
Before you configure the back up, you need to first install SolarWinds Backup on the device. When setting up the installation, select Set Settings Manually.
- Click Configuration > Backup Manager > MSP Backup > Dashboard.
- Click the name of the device.
- Click Launch backup client.
- On the SolarWinds Backup window, click Backup.
- In the Files and folders row click Edit and select the files and folders to back up.
- Click Save.
When SolarWinds Backup runs, it backs up only those folders and files you selected.