Run a local batch script in the Take Control viewer
Run a script and include command line parameters on a device. You can use the standard command prompt to run DOS commands and batch files, or the Powershell to run scripts.
- In SolarWinds N-central, click Views > All Devices.
- Click the link for the device.
- Click Remote Control in the upper-right corner and select Take Control.
- Click the System Shell tab.
- To change the shell, click Shell Type > Windows Powershell.
You cannot have both shells open at the same time and alternate between them.
- Click Run > Run Local Batch.
- Navigate to the script you want to run and click Open to run it.
The batch script starts. Click End to start a new shell, break the pending operation without terminating the shell itself, or clear the screen.