Restart and shutdown a remote device in the Take Control viewer
You can restart and shutdown a remote device in the Take Control viewer to complete a service issue. This is useful if the user is not available to perform the task for the technician.
- In SolarWinds N-central, click Views > All Devices.
- Click the link for the device.
- Click Remote Control in the upper-right corner and select Take Control.
- Click Computer > Restart & Shutdown.
- Select the restart or shutdown option and click OK.
The remote device restarts. The viewer reconnects when the remote device is ready. After the reboot, you may need to reenter the password.