Record Take Control sessions
You can record Take Control remote control sessions. Recorded sessions help for training purposes or to have a record for a user of what a technician did so the user can repeat the steps if a situation occurs again.
Files are saved in Adobe Flash Video (FLV) format. The user can navigate to their
Documents folder to find a shortcut folder called
N-central session videos to the location of the videos.
The linked location is
C:\Users\<YOURUSER>\AppData\Local\MSP Anywhere for N-central\Viewer. This path may not be visible to the user.
- In SolarWinds N-central, click Views > All Devices.
- Click the link for the device.
- Click Remote Control in the upper-right corner and select Take Control.
- Click the Remote Desktop tab.
- Click Interactions in the lower right of the Viewer.
- Click Start Recording Video.
- To stop the session, click Interactions > Stop Recording Video.
When finished, the .flv file is available in the user's