Chat with remote users in the Take Control viewer
When connected to a user's device, you can initiate a chat. Use the chat to confirm information or to ask them to perform a task on their device.
- In SolarWinds N-central, click Views > All Devices.
- Click the link for the device.
- Click Remote Control in the upper-right corner and select Take Control.
- Click the General tab.
- Start typing your message in the Chat area at the bottom of the window.
The chat appears in the area above the entry field. The device user will received a notification sound and a Take Control window appears where they can enter their part of the conversation.
Should you need to review the chat after a session, you can access the chat logs.
- On the Device Details page, click the Audit Trail button in the upper-right corner of the page.
- In the Audit Trail window, click Session Logs: Click here for the session.
- Open the section for the chat click the Plus sign to display the conversation.
If the chat was not used on the session there will not be a Chat section.