|Knowledge Base Article #:||10020|
|Applicable Versions:||N-central 8.x, 9.x|
|Date Created/Updated:||August 17, 2011|
- From the Dell Support site (http://support.dell.com), select your Dell server.
- Select ESXi 4.1 (or the version of ESXi that you are running) as the operating system.
- Under Systems Management, download the OpenManage Offline Bundle and VIB for ESXi.
- Put the ESXi host into Maintenance Mode.
- Open the vSphere CLI and install the OpenManage Offline Bundle by typing the following commands:
- cd "Program Files\VMware\VMware vSphere CLI\bin"
- vihostupdate.pl --server 192.168.101.199 --install --bundle C:\users\creid\Downloads\OM-SrvAdmin-Dell-Web-6.5.0-2247.VIB-ESX41i_A01.zip
- Type your ESXi username and password when prompted.
- Restart the ESXi server.
- Exit the Maintenance Mode.
- Start up any Guests that need to be running.
For some hardware you may run into a problem where Raid Status (VMware) and Physical Drive (VMware) are showing "No Asset Data Available" when you apply the service template. If this occurs, a more recent set of VIBs will normally be required due to differences in the hardware. These can typically be found at http://www.avagotech.com/support/download-search.
- For Product Family select "RAID Controller Cards";
- For Product select any MegaRAID SAS (they use the same driver set so the specific type doesn't matter);
- For Asset Type select Drivers
- On the driver page find the MR VMware driver and click the name of the VMware driver to download a text file that has the download links.
Alternatively, you can search the VMware site for the VIBs: https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php