KBA80002: Required Ports and IP Addresses
Knowledge Base Article #:
N-central 6.5, 6.7, 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x
April 27, 2011, July 1, 2015
This is a complete list of the ports that the N-central product uses. Your N-central port configuration may vary slightly due to your installation.
At a minimum, in order for us to troubleshoot and diagnose your issue, would you please ensure that incoming connections to the following are permitted:
- 22 (SSH) is used for Remote Control sessions.
- 80 (HTTP) UI and Agent/Probe communication
- 443 (HTTPS) UI and Agent/Probe communication.
- 10000 (HTTPS) is used for the Administration Console.
In addition, the following ports may be required:
- 20/21 is used for FTP connections, particularly when configured for backups.
- 25 (SMTP) is used for sending mail.
- 53 is used for DNS.
- 123 is used by the NTPDate service which keeps your server clock in sync.
- 135,139,445 is used by Agents and Probes for WMI queries to monitor various services.
- 1433 is used by Report Manager for the data export. It is also used by Agents/Probes to monitor Backup exec jobs.
N-able Support Staff
- defender.n-able.com (22.214.171.124)
- mothership.n-able.com (126.96.36.199)
- mothership2.n-able.com (188.8.131.52)
- gateway6.n-able.com (184.108.40.206)
Gateway Address: 220.127.116.11 which will have TCP connectivity tests against your equipment.