|Knowledge Base Article #:||60003|
|Applicable Versions:||N-central 6.x, 7.x, 8.x, 9.x|
|Date Created/Updated:||April 27, 2011|
Correlated notifications only activate if all of their 'associated' notification profiles are simultaneously active.
- If some or all the Helpdesk PCs have a notification, it should notify the Helpdesk manager.
- If some or all of the Development PCs have a notification, it should notify the Development manager
- If some or all of the Lab machines have a notification, it should notify the Lab technician.
- However, if all three notifications are triggered, it could mean a larger issue and therefore the On-Call Network Administrator should be notified.
You can accomplish this functionality with a Correlated notification. We'll use the above example and walk through configuring this below:
- Log into your N-central Server
- From either the Customer or SO Level, click Configuration > Monitoring > Notifications
- Click on Add Notification
- Name this notification Helpdesk PCs, and make the Helpdesk Manager the Primary Notification recipient.
- Under the Triggers tab, add the desired services and devices which you'd like to trigger this notification.
- Click OK to save the notification
- Repeat steps 3-6 for the Development PCs and Lab Machines
- Click Add Correlated Notification
- Name this notification Multi-Failure Correlated Escalation, and make the On-call Network Administrator the Primary Notification recipient.
- If desired, select Suppress Child Notifications which prevents further notifications from being sent to the recipients of the Child notifications.
- In the Associate Notification Profiles section, select the notifications that you would like to associate. In this case we would select Helpdesk PCs, Development PCs and Lab Machines
- Click Save