|Knowledge Base Article #:||20013|
|Applicable Versions:||N-central 10.1 and later|
|Date Updated:||July, 2017|
This solution applies to cloning PCs within the same customer. SolarWinds N-central must be version 7.0 or higher.
- Create the customer in SolarWinds N-central.
- Select your service organization in the navigation tree and make note of the Access Code, this will be your CustomerID.
- Install the Windows Agent using the customer specific installation.
- Stop the Windows Agent Maintenance service.
- Stop the Windows Agent service.
- Edit the
C:\Program Files\N-able Technologies\Windows Agent\config\ApplianceConfig.xmlfile with Notepad.
- Save the file.
- If your SolarWinds N-central version is 10.1 or higher, run the following commands (Administrative Command prompt Required):
- The PC is now ready to be 'ghosted'.
- The 'ghosted' PCs will self register with the Customer ID specified above when they are first booted.
<ApplianceID>-1</ApplianceID> <CheckerLogSent>False</CheckerLogSent> <CustomerID>use the value from step 2</CustomerID> <CompletedRegistration>False</CompletedRegistration>
"C:\Program Files (x86)\N-able Technologies\Windows Agent\bin\NcentralAssetTool.exe –d" "C:\Program Files (x86)\BeAnywhere Support Express\GetSupportService_N-Central\uninstall.exe /S" "Delete %programdata%\N-Able Technologies\Windows Agent\Config" "Delete %programdata%\N-Able Technologies\Windows Software Probe\Config"
This also works to correct devices that were cloned from an image that did not use these steps.