If you have multiple SolarWinds N-central servers and you need to standardize filters across servers, or if you want to share customer filters with colleagues, you can export the filters to a file. The exported file can be imported into another SolarWinds N-central server.
This eliminates the administration overhead of spending time reproducing filters and potential for errors during creation.
- Click Configuration > Filters.
- Click the check box next to the filters you want to export.
- Check boxes that are grayed out are default stock filters for SolarWinds N-central.
- Click Export at the top of the page.
SolarWinds N-central converts the filters to JSON files and bundled into single ZIP archive that downloads to your computer. For information on using the exported filters on another SolarWinds N-central server, see Import filters.
There are some filter parameters that cannot be exported. Exporting filter using any of these parameters fails and displays an error message.
- Organization → Service Organization
- Organization → Customer
- Organization → Customer with Sites
- Organization → Site
- Monitoring → MSP N-central service is present (only for Custom Services)
- Monitoring → MSP N-central service in status (only for Custom Services)