The install rule provides any easy way to install EDR on many devices. Using a rule, SolarWinds N-central automates the installation of EDR with no user intervention, ensuring all devices automatically have a EDR solution installed.
Before you install EDR on a device, you need to:
For more information, see Endpoint Detection and Response overview.
You need to create a filter that selects devices based on the criteria you have for deploying EDR.
- Click Configuration > Monitoring > Rules and click Add.
- Enter a Name and Description.
- Click the Devices to Target tab and select the filters to add to the Selected Filters box.
- Click the Network Device Configuration Options tab.
- Click Endpoint Detection and Response.
- From the Action drop-down menu, select Enable Enable Endpoint Detection & Response.
- Select an EDR profile from the drop-down list box select and when to start the installation.
- If creating this rule at the Service Organization level, click the Grant Customers & Sites Access tab.
- Click and select how to propagate the rule to other customers and sites and select the customer/sites from the list.
- Click Save.
SolarWinds N-central installs EDR on the devices associated with this rule.
When new devices are added to the site, SolarWinds N-central runs the deployment rule to install EDR.