Reset domain user account passwords
If a user forgets their password or has locked themselves out of their account, you can reset the password and unlock the user.
You can assign a temporary password and when the user logs in, they must create a new password before proceeding.
For the Domain User Management feature to function properly, agents must be installed on the domain controller for the target domains. A successful discover of the Active Directory server will automatically enable Domain User Management.
- Click Configuration > Domain User Management.
- In the Available Domains column, select a domain.
- Click the check box beside the user account.
- Click Reset Password.
- Type a new Password. Type the new password a second time to confirm the characters used.
- Select User must change password at next log on to force a password reset the next time that they sign in.
- Select Unlock account to disable the security lock and allow the user to log on.
- Click OK.
- Send a message to the user that the password has been reset and they need to set a new one during log in.
SolarWinds N-central resets the password and unlocks the user. The next time the user attempts to log in, they will need to enter a new password.