Approve software patches for applications
Approve patches for third-party software from the Direct Support tools. If a third-party software requires a patch install that may be causing issues, you can approve and install the patch right away.
This is only available for applications that have available software patches. If a patch is required, a yellow warning icon appears in the Patch Required column. Click the icon for information about the required patch.
- Click Views > All Devices.
- Select the Network Devices tab.
- Click the Name of a device.
- In the Device Details screen, click Tools.
- Click Applications.
- Select the checkbox beside each of the names of the applications to approve.
- Click Install Patch Now.
Note that you can only do this if Third Party Patching is enabled. For more information see Configuring Devices for Patch Management.
SolarWinds N-central downloads and installs the update on the device.