Move a device to a different customer or to another site. A device such as a laptop, may need to move from one site to another because the user has physically moved to a different office location. You may also want to move a device to a testing site to test patches.
When moving a device:
- you cannot move a device from a site or customer to a different Service Organization or between Service Organization,
- tickets associated with a device are removed upon a move,
- the moving devices wizard will run a check on the validity of licenses and probes.
Before you move a device, ensure you update the local agent and the probes to the latest version, and verify that the target customer has enough licenses for a feature list that is on the enabled device.
- Click View > All Devices.
- Select the check box for the device or devices you want to move.
- Click Move Devices.
- The Moving Devices Wizard walks you through the steps to ensure a clean transfer of the device from one location to another. Complete or review the information in the window and click Next.
- Choose Destination window - Select the Customer or Site where you want to move the device to.
- Check Limits window - Validates that there are sufficient limits on the target location for the device. If there is a Customer or Site limit at the destination, you can redefine the limit to continue with the move.
- Check Monitoring window - Select the probe used for monitoring.
- Check Profiles window - Determine which profiles are assigned to a device when moving to a new site. SolarWinds N-central checks AV, Patch, and Backup Profiles to determine if the profile is available at the destination. If the Profile is not valid for the destination, a default profile is automatically assigned.
- Moving Summary window - provides a summary account of the move and details about the selected devices.
SolarWinds N-central completes the move of the device to the new location.