Maintenance windows are programmed periods of time where devices with agents installed can be configured to automatically complete tasks for a number of SolarWinds N-central features to a defined schedule.
Create a downtime maintenance window to take a device offline for scheduled maintenance. This ensures that services do not report errors from the agent because it is offline.
If you need to take many devices into a downtime maintenance window, see Create a downtime window using a rule.
- Click Views > All Devices.
- Click the name of a device.
- Click the Settings tab, then Maintenance Windows.
- Click Add > Downtime.
- Enter a Name.
- Set the duration of the downtime for the device.
- Set the schedule when the maintenance window occurs and frequency.
- Click Save.
SolarWinds N-central saves the downtime maintenance window. At the scheduled time, SolarWinds N-central the device goes offline and work on the device can begin. After the duration the agent and services continue to monitor the device.