Deploying deploy install deploy agents deploy probes
Deploying SolarWinds N-central involves a number of steps to prepare an environment and then deploy probes and agents to the servers and devices in your customer environment is the first step to managing your network.
|Check each step as you work through the process|
|Step 1 – Determine the deployment process|
|Step 2 – Prepare your customer environment|
|Step 3 – Deploy using a Windows probe|
|Step 4 – Import discovered devices|
For more information on how probes and agents work, see the Architectural overview.
What do you want to do?
- Read about professional and essential licenses
- Change the default license type for a device class for customer
- Review the Domain deployment checklist
- Review the Workgroup deployment checklist
- Add a new customer or site
- Automate discoveries using a probe
- Prepare a customer environment
- Install a Windows probe
- Import devices discovered by the Windows probe
- Install a Windows agent
- Install a Windows agent using a URL
- Install a Mac OSX agent
- Install a Linux agent
- Add an external device by IP address
- Review a list of agent and probe services