Add Script/Software to the SolarWinds N-central repository
Create custom scripts to perform routine tasks on your customers' devices. Upload the script and add it to the SolarWinds N-central script/software repository. You can then use the scripts in a scheduled task.
Scripts you can add to the SolarWinds N-central repository include:
- Automation Manager policies,
- File transfer packages,
- Windows and MacOS Scripts, abd
- Third party software packages.
Uploaded files must meet the following requirements:
- Scripts must be in batch file (.bat) or Visual Basic (.vbs, .vb, .vbe) format.
- Third party software packages must be InstallShield, MSI, or Wise installers.
- Files must not exceed 50 MB. A file reported by your operating system as 50 MB or more may fail at upload due to rounding performed by your operating system.
- Click Configuration > Scheduled Tasks > Script/Software Repository.
- Click Add and select a script type from the list.
- Click Browse to locate the script file.
- Click OK.
SolarWinds N-central uploads the script to the repository for use with scheduled tasks.