Create a mapped drive.
There are a number of dependencies that must be fulfilled for the Create Mapped Drive object to function properly including:
- The network drive to be used as the mapped Share must be accessible. The net use command can be used on the local computer to verify if the Share is accessible.
- The credentials for accessing the network drive must be valid. Confirm the validity of the credentials by signing in to the server that hosts the network share using the credentials.
- The drive letter to be designated must be available (for example, verify whether Z: is already mapped to another drive).
- A user account must be signed in to the device hosting the network share when you run the Automation Manager Policy.
- There can be no other connections to the server using the credentials configured for the Create Mapped Drive object. You cannot sign in to the same server with two different sets of credentials.
|Drive||String||Yes||The name for the new drive.|
|Share||String||No||The name of the share that is to be mapped to the new drive.|
|User Name||String||Yes||User name to map the share.|
|Password||String||Yes||The password of the account used to map the drive.|
|Persist||Boolean||No||Check to indicate if the drive should be persisted.|
|Result||Number||Returns a success value of zero or any value other than zero to indicate failure.|
Example Input Parameters
|Persist||Boolean||No||Optionally choose Persist to keep the specified drive mapped each time device starts up.|