Add custom PSA Ticketing Recipients
A Ticketing Recipient is collection of settings that acts like a user account. Once created, you can use the account to generate tickets in your custom PSA by associating it to Notifications, Self-Healing and Scheduled Tasks.
- Click Administration > PSA Integration > Ticketing.
- Click Add.
- Enter a Name for the Ticketing Recipient, for example, Monitoring Alerts or Server Down, and Email address.
- Click the Notification Settings tab and configure the action when a ticket status returns to normal and what SolarWinds N-central does for repeat failures.
- Click the Associated Notification Profiles tab. Set the notification profiles and escalation preferences for the Ticketing Recipient.
- Click the Notification Schedule tab and configure when ticket creation can occur.
- Click Save.
Handling repeat failures enables you to configure what will happen to a ticket when an issue reoccurs on a device within a given time period. The first time a service on a device fails, SolarWinds N-central opens a time window during which the service can transition between states before another ticket will be generated. Within this time window, SolarWinds N-central will not generate a new ticket, but instead it will either update the existing ticket or if the ticket has been closed it will reopen it. If a ticket remains open beyond the time window, SolarWinds N-central will continue to update it until SolarWinds N-central detects that it is closed, at which time SolarWinds N-central will create a new ticket.
If SolarWinds N-central cannot detect that a ticket has been closed in the PSA solution, SolarWinds N-central will continue to update it until SolarWinds N-central detects that the ticket is closed, regardless of the time window.