Set the IP address of the SolarWinds N-central server using a static IP address. If the server running SolarWinds N-central has multiple Ethernet cards, you can use channel bonding, also known as link aggregation, to increase the bandwidth for data transfers and interface redundancy. Both Ethernet cards will have the same IP address.
You can only configure the network settings at the System or Product Administrator level.
- Click Administration > Mail and Network Settings > Network Setup.
- For the Address Assignment, select Static.
- If required, select Enable Channel Bonding to combine two Ethernet interface cards. This option is only available if there are two network cards installed in the server.
- In the Hostname field, enter the FQDN of the SolarWinds N-central server. The specified hostname must resolve the server's Internet IP address to ensure that SolarWinds N-central can send email notifications.
- Enter the Public IP Address and Private IP Address of the SolarWinds N-central server.
- Enter the Netmask and Default Gateway IP addresses. The default gateway address should be on the same subnet as the private IP address.
- Click Save.
The Public IP Address and the Private IP Address will be the same if the SolarWinds N-central server is on the internet and is not behind a firewall.
SolarWinds N-central can start communicating with probes and agents, and users can connect using the Hostname URL.