Enable Office-365 as a mail relay server
SolarWinds N-central can send email notifications to users and technicians to alert them when a device will be updated or rebooted. You can configure a mail relay server that SolarWinds N-central uses to send the email messages.
The Email Address used in SolarWinds N-central to send emails must match the account used to login to Office 365.
You can also configure SolarWinds N-central to use Office 365 as a relay server. Ensure that Office 365 is configured as a SMTP relay. For more information on setting up the Office 365 relay server, see the Microsoft TechNet website for instructions on setting up a multifunction device or application to send email using Office 365.
- Click Administration > Mail and Network Settings > SMTP Authentication.
- Select Use Mail Relay Server.
smtp.office365.comfor the Mail Relay Server address.
587as the Port that the mail relay server uses for communicating with SolarWinds N-central.
- Select Enable Authentication.
- Select LOGIN from the Authentication Method drop-down menu.
- Enter and Save the login credentials that SolarWinds N-central will use to authenticate with the mail relay server.
When SolarWinds N-central sends notifications, it will use the configured email server.