Add a custom device property
Add a custom device property to use as a filterable value. Use this property with a filter when applying SolarWinds N-central rule configurations. The custom property can define its use based on devices having or not having a specific custom device property and values.
Depending on what level you add the property, that property will filter down to each level. For example, if you add the custom device property at the Service Organization level, it will be added for all of the customers under that SO. If you add the custom device property at the customer level, it will only be added for that customer.
- Click Administration > Custom Device Properties.
- Click Add and select the type of property from the drop-down list.
- Enter a descriptive name for the device property.
- Enter the default value to filter against.
- Select an Operating System and Device Class
- Click Save.
The custom device property is automatically applied to all devices based on the operating system and device classes selected. You can later change the property, or if needed, edit the property value or change it for an individual device.