Add a password property for devices when using automation policies that require a password.
Depending on what level you add the property, that property will filter down to each level. For example, if you add the custom property at the Service Organization level, it will be added for all of the customers under that SO. If you add the custom property at the customer level, it will only be added for that customer.
You cannot filter devices on the password custom property.
- Click Administration > Custom Properties.
- Click Add > By Devices > Password Type.
- Enter a descriptive name.
- Enter the default password. You can change this value at the device level to override the default.
- The password is obfuscated when entered. Click the Show Password check box to see what you are entering to ensure it is correct.
- Select an Operating System and Device Class
- Click Save.
The custom property for the device is automatically applied to all devices based on the operating system and device classes selected. You can later change the property, or if needed, edit the property value or change it for an individual device.