If the server is still showing the certificate to be self-signed, you can try resolving the issue through one of the following:
- Ensure that you are using the correct bundle for your certificate.
- Ensure that your Certificate Signing Request (CSR) and certificate modulus match.
- Ensure that you are correctly pre-chaining or post-chaining the certificate.
- Try re-generating your CSR with only the required fields filled in and sign the new CSR.
- Ensure that you are not trying to use a Wildcard Certificate.
Cannot upload a GoDaddy certificate
After you have received your GoDaddy certificate from the vendor, you will need to add additional certificates to make it a valid certificate for SolarWinds N-central.
Download the bundle which has been created from four GoDaddy certificates by chaining them together. You must also chain your final certificate with this file by performing the following:
- Open the bundle with a text editor, such as Notepad++.
- Without making any changes to the existing content, paste your customer certificate at the very bottom of the file.
- Save the file.
- Log in to SolarWinds N-central.
- Click Administration > Certificate Management > Upload Certificate.
- Select the Type of certificate to be uploaded from one of the following:
This is now your fully-chained certificate that you will need to upload to SolarWinds N-central.
- CA Certificate
- SSL Certificate
- UCC/Wildcard Certificate