SolarWinds N-central allows you to generate a server key, self-signed certificate, and a certificate signing request (.csr) file. The .csr file is only necessary if you are sending the certificate to a signing authority.
If you send the certificate signing request to a signing authority after you have generated a key, do not generate a new key. Otherwise, the existing key is invalidated and the signed certificate cannot be uploaded.
- Click Administration > Certificate Management > Generate and Download Certificate.
- Type your Company name.
- If applicable, type your Division or Business Unit.
- Type the Server Address of the SolarWinds N-central server in the form of either an IP address or FQDN.
- Type the Email Address of the certificate administrator.
- In the City, State/Prov, and Country fields, type the mailing address of your company.
- Click Generate.
- After approximately 15 seconds, click OK.
- After a new server key, self-signed certificate, and certificate signing request file are generated and the SolarWinds N-central UI sign-in screen appears, proceed to the Download Certificate Signing Request step.
Be sure to fill out all mandatory fields. If you are entering a state or province, do not use abbreviations as some SSL certificate vendor tools do not support state or province abbreviations.