Uninstall AV Defender from a client
Remove Security Manager | AV Defender from a customer's devices using rules. This will silently remove the software from all devices.
There are two steps to the removal: remove all maintenance windows from devices that have Security Manager rules, and create an uninstall Security Manager rule.
- Click Configuration > Monitoring > Rules.
- Click to open each rule that enables Security Manager and click the Grant Customers & Sites Access tab.
- Locate the customer you want to remove and click the check box to deselect the customer.
- Click Save.
This removes all the maintenance windows that were applied by the rule to install Security Manager. Next, create an uninstall rule at the customer level.
- Select the customer level that you want to remove Security Manager.
- Click Configuration > Monitoring > Rules and click Add.
- In the Device to Target tab, select the AV Defender Enabled devices filter.
- In the Network Device Configuration Options tab, then Security Manager.
- In the Action drop-down menu, select Uninstall Security Manager.
- Click Save.
Apply this rule to all on-line devices and any disconnected device will have this rule applied in the future.
It is recommended to schedule a reboot as well to clean out the memory of anything loaded. This can be done in the same rule if desired.