Create a Maintenance Window for a Manual Installation
If you do not want to install AV Defender immediately, you can create a maintenance window to deploy it to the selected devices at a specific time.
- Click Views > All Devices.
- Select the devices and click Add Task > Maintenance > Add New Maintenance Window > Scheduled Maintenance.
- Enter a name.
- In the Features drop-down list box, select Specific Features and ensure only Check Security Manager is selected.
- For the Reboot Method, select a reboot option.
- Click the Place device in downtime during reboot check box.
- In the Schedule Configuration area, for the Action will be taken on the device, click Only during the scheduled window when required, and specify the time the maintenance window should last.
- Select the schedule type and click Save.
This places the selected devices in a downtime state during the reboot and specify the time before the device is brought out of downtime. SolarWinds N-central will take the device out of downtime if the agent has not reported back for three hours after the re-start began. This will not happen if the device is already in a scheduled downtime period.
At the scheduled time, SolarWinds N-central will install AV Defender on the device.