Track your work with helpdesk tickets
Manage your helpdesk with MSP Manager's intuitive ticketing and time tracking system, designed for service providers with many customers.
Add a new helpdesk ticket
- Click Helpdesk.
- Click Add a New Ticket.
- Enter the ticket information.
- Click Save Ticket, or Save and Start a Timer to start tracking your time.
- To add additional information to a ticket, click to the right of the ticket in the Helpdesk to access a list of ticket options.
The ticket subject has a limit of 256 characters, and truncates anything over that limit.
Display of Ticket Details
The details of a ticket can be displayed multiple ways: in either the Ticket Details section of the ticket, as a read-only response in the Responses section of a ticket, or you can configure it to display in both areas. Navigate to Settings > Tickets & Workflows > Ticket Preferences to configure how ticket details are displayed.
Search for tickets
Click at the top of the ticket list to open the Ticket Search field. From the Helpdesk or a customer's ticketing section, you can select the drop down arrow to the left of the search field to switch between Local and Global search. The Ticket Search option searches for tickets locally by default.
- A Local search looks for only the tickets in a specific list. For instance, a Local search from a customer's ticketing section searches through all the tickets in the list assigned to that customer.
- A Global search from the Helpdesk will search all tickets for all customers. A Global search from a customer's ticketing section searches for all tickets for the currently selected customer.
When searching locally, you can first apply filters to the ticket list, then use the search option to search within the filtered list.
If you are searching for tickets by ticket number, you can place a # in front of the ticket number to search only the ticket number field. This looks for a single match and opens the ticket editor for that ticket. Not using a # returns matches from all search fields within the selected tickets.