Create Ticket Tasks and Task Templates
Use Task Templates to apply a pre-configured list of tasks to a ticket. Categorize Task Templates based on common issues reported by your customers, and provide a check list of tasks that technicians can use to diagnose and fix the problem.
Add additional tasks to a ticket after applying a template, or create one-off tasks that are not part of a template. When a task is marked complete, a time entry is added to the ticket to account for the time needed to complete the task.
Create Task Templates
- Navigate to Knowledge > Task Templates and select Add Task Template.
- Enter a name and description for the template, and click Add A New Task.
- Enter a name, description and estimated time for the task, and select a parent task from the Dependency field, if applicable.
- Select Add to confirm the addition of the task to the template.
- Continue to add tasks as needed and select Save Task Template when finished.
The Dependency field contains a parent task that requires a separate dependent task to be completed first. The dependent task has an orange dot next to it which indicates the pending dependency.
The Task Template is saved to the Knowledge section.
Add Tasks to a ticket
Add Task Templates to tickets to apply all tasks included in the template.
- Select Helpdesk and create a new ticket.
- Select from the menu to the right of the ticket window to open the Ticket Task editor.
- Select Add Task and enter a name for the list of tasks you are adding to the ticket.
- Select Add Task and enter a name, description and estimated time for the task, and select a parent Task from the Dependency field, if applicable.
- Select Add to confirm the addition of the task to the ticket task list.
- Continue to add tasks as needed and click Save Task when finished.
You can also select existing tasks from a Task Template.
Enter an estimated time for the task and when that task is completed a time entry is added to the ticket, and the technician can add a description of work before saving the time entry.