Integrate MSP Manager with QuickBooks Desktop and export your invoices
Follow the steps below to set up the integration between your Quickbooks Desktop and MSP Manager accounts.
Disable the pop-up blocker in your browser before getting started
Configure QuickBooks Desktop integration with MSP Manager
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop, and from the top menu select Lists > Item List.
- In MSP Manager, navigate to Settings > Company Settings > Integrations > QuickBooks Desktop and select Configure.
- Click Add a QuickBooks Desktop Item.
- Refer back to the Item List in QuickBooks, and add an item in MSP Manager for each item in Quickbooks.
- In the Default Mappings area, map each line item to the defaults listed, and select Save Default Mappings.
The names of items in QuickBooks and MSP Manager must match exactly, including spacing and capitalization, to successfully export invoices to QuickBooks Desktop.
Export an invoice to QuickBooks Desktop for the first time
Make sure QuickBooks is open and your company file is selected.
- In MSP Manager, navigate to Billing and create and run a new billing batch. You can also select an existing billing batch and navigate to the Review & Export Invoices tab.
- Select QuickBooks Desktop from the Export Format list, and click Export Invoices. This adds the invoices to a queue where the Quickbooks web connector can find and export them to Quickbooks.
- Select the QuickBooks Web Connector link to download the QWC file.
- Open the downloaded QWC file and select OKto authorize MSP Manager to connect with QuickBooks.
- In the Application Certificate window, select Yes, Always Allow Access Even If QuickBooks Is Not Running, and click Continue > Done.
- In the QuickBooks Web Connector, enter your MSP Manager password in the MSPManagerService field.
- Click in a blank portion of the window to confirm the addition of your password, and select Yesto save the password.
- Select the MSPManagerService check box, and choose Update Selected. This activates the web connector, locates the invoices waiting in the queue and exports them to Quickbooks.
Export an invoice to QuickBooks Desktop moving forward
- Navigate to Billing, and run a billing batch.
- Select QuickBooks Desktop from the Export Format list, and click Export Invoices.
- In the QuickBooks Web Connector, select Update Selected to run the web connector.
When the QuickBooks web connector finishes running, your invoices are available instantly in QuickBooks Desktop.