Set up your Microsoft 365 monitored mailbox
The initial configuration of your Microsoft 365 monitored ticket mailbox is a crucial step in setting up your MSP Manager account. Your M365 ticket mailbox enables you to receive reported issues and requests from your customers via email.
Combine your ticket mailbox with workflows and routing rules and configure your ticket routing settings so that emails from your customers to are automatically converted to tickets and assigned to the correct customer and technician within your company.
Before creating your M365 mailbox, make sure you have configured the M365 integration from your account settings.
M365 mailboxes are monitored via the Graph API, which supports Multi Factor Authentication.
Make sure all technicians who need to configure ticket mailboxes have the necessary permissions to do so.
- Navigate to Settings > Users & Permissions > Roles.
- Click next to the Role you would like to edit.
- Select the MSP Company Management section to expand and view it's options.
- Make sure the Configure Ticket Mailbox option is checked.
- Click Save Role to add the ability to configure ticket mailboxes to all users in that specific Role.
Set up your M365 monitored mailbox
- Navigate to Settings > Tickets & Workflows > Ticket Mailboxes.
- Select the mailbox drop-down menu in the top right corner of the page and select Add M365 Mailbox.
- Select the M365 email address from the list.
- Select Reply as to include the email address of the mailbox in the 'To' field of outgoing mail (unless overridden in individual customer settings).
- Click to save the M365 Mailbox and send a confirmation message to the specified email address.
Only one Monitored Mailbox can have this option applied at a time.