Device management methods in JSON-RPC API
To enable backups on a system, a backup deviceA backup device is a piece of hardware (desktop, server or virtual machine) that has backup client software installed to perform routine backup and restore operations. Each device is identified by a unique name, password and encryption key (required for installation and re-installation). is required.
A backup device can be installed on several computers: the primary computer where data backup takes place and any number of additional computers in the restore-only mode.
Below is the list of primary methods that let you manage backup devices of a particular customer.
- Adding devices (the
- Getting device info by name and password (the
- Getting device info by ID (the
- Enumerating Devices in JSON-RPC API (the
- Enumerating Device Statistics in JSON-RPC API (the
- Changing the properties of a device (the
- Removing devices (the
You can identify other device management methods in the schema by the word
Account in their names.