System requirements for Backup Manager
- 2 GB of computer memory (RAM)
- Dual-core processor or better
- 150 MB of free disk space (for installation)
- Screen resolution of 1024 х 768 pixels or higher
- High-speed Internet connection
The amount of free disk space required for future usage depends on the size of your backup selection and whether you have enabled a local storage directory
Supported operating systems
You can install the Backup Manager on the following operating systems:
|Windows versions||macOS versions||GNU/Linux versions|
Parallels are not officially supported for Backup Manager when backing up macOS with Windows parallels. If you wish to use Backup Manager in this situation, there may be abnormalities so please test the backup by doing a restore as soon as possible. Two backup accounts may be necessary to backup both the macOS Files and Folders and the Windows Files and Folders.
Note for Windows:
On Windows devices, Backup Manager supports 32 or 64-bit architecture.
Note for macOS:
10.14 (Mojave): Ensure you enable Full Disk Access for the Backup Manager before running backups.
Note for GNU/Linux:
In addition to the major Linux distributions that are regularly tested in-house, it is possible to run the Backup Manager practically on any GNU/Linux distribution that meets the following requirements:
- Architecture: x86 or x86_64/amd64
- Kernel: 2.6.9+ with NPTL
- glibc: 2.4 or greater (all data sources except for MySQL); 2.5 or greater for the backup and recovery of MySQL
- LVM for the backup and recovery of the system state
Supported web browsers
- Internet Explorer 11 or greater (limitation)
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari for macOS (limitation)
- Microsoft Edge
The Backup Manager relies on the following ports:
- Port 443 TCP outbound. It is almost always open on workstations but may be closed on servers.
- Local port 5000. If this port is unavailable, the Backup Manager detects a free port automatically (starting from 5001, 5002 and up).
- Port 2999 is used for remote connections to the Backup Manager client and allows access to the GUI interface
In most cases, no firewall configuration is required.
The DNS should also be whitelisted if router or firewall rules are in place to allow full communication to all storage nodes:
The following paths and executables should be added to the antivirus exclusions list of any device where Backup Manager is installed:
- C:\Program Files\Backup Manager
- C:\ProgramData\Managed Online Backup
- Virtual drive location (typically B:)
- C:\Program Files\Backup Manager\ClientTool.exe
- C:\Program Files\Backup Manager\ProcessController.exe
- C:\Program Files\Backup Manager\BackupFP.exe
- C:\Program Files\Backup Manager\BackupIP.exe
- C:\Program Files\Backup Manager\BackupUP.exe
- C:\Program Files\Backup Manager\BRMigrationTool.exe